It’s time to start thinking about another trip over to Marion, IA to showcase our wonderful cars, have a bit of fun, and get some quality time on the road. To learn more about the event, visit the Marion, IA events page regularly for updates.
If you’d like to participate, here are a few things to know:
- Meet up no later than 8:30 AM (or earlier if you want to clean up your car) at the car wash across the street from a mini-mall at the intersection of South 11th Street and Grand Ave.
- Get there via highway 100 (Marion bypass), turn off at East Post Road, go North about 3 blocks. East Post turns into South 11th Street.
- Highway 100 is Collins Road from the West, and from the East it intersects highway 13/151.
- Staging point for the parade is two blocks from meet up point.
- DUE TO LIABILITY ISSUES: Each car must be registered through me no later than August 16, 2012. I will submit all the registrations at the same time in insure that we will all be together.
- Our registration (group) will be assigned Entry Numbers, which is our position in the parade. I will pass them out at the meeting point.
- We must be in position no later than 9:30 AM.
- Parade starts at 10:15 AM.
- Candy is encouraged however they discourage throwing it from the cars/floats/entries because of the danger of children running into the road to retrieve it.
- This year we escort “Miss Eastern Iowa MINI’s 2013” who will be riding in Steve & Bobbi’s Convertible. She is Rebecca Darling from Tipton, IA.
Please RSVP to Larry Hoffman through the Central Iowa MINI Club’s event’s page (preferred!) or via the contact page link above.